To get the latest industry updates and member developments, as they occur, register to receive the quarterly CRA E-Bulletin.
Your details will not be disclosed to third parties and all e-mails include an unsubscribe link.
It is the Policy of the CRA that all member companies display commitment to high standards of Health and Safety performance in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the statutory instruments made under it and all fire and environmental legislation.
· To foster a commitment to the employment of a skilled and competent workforce through regular Health and Safety training, including monitoring to ensure that members wherever possible employ CSCS card holders and achieve registration with recognised accreditation bodies e.g. Contractors Health & Safety Scheme (CHAS)
· To promote increased Health and Safety awareness amongst management and the workforce
· To provide information on the CRA website relating to common concrete repair hazards and the recognised methods of avoidance and control, bringing attention to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and other trade and supplier organisation’s literature, training courses etc
· To adopt a proactive stance with regard to HSE initiatives and enter into dialogue with the HSE representatives who deal specifically with the issues which most closely affect concrete repairs
· To ensure members employ only ‘competent’ subcontractors undertaking non-concrete repair works (scaffolding, temporary works, etc.) and to vet and approve such sub-contractors
· To collate accident statistics relating to concrete repair works undertaken by members and monitor any trends in the reporting of accidents and dangerous occurrences in order to promote the reduction in accident incident rates throughout the industry
· To identify more environmentally friendly products and processes available and encourage their use where ever practicable
· To provide a forum through the CRA general committee for the discussion of the safety related issues that affect the industry.